On September 11, 2002, I wrote a column that received more comments than anything I’ve ever
written. Five years after the tragedy on September 11, 2001, I have the strong desire to publish it again. It’s titled “What I’ll Be Doing Today – September 11, 2002”.
Here it is:
I have been wondering what I should be doing today. I don’t feel much like working. Then I read an idea from a Ft. Lauderdale man, who suggested that today be a day of service.
Most of us are familiar with volunteering, but there’s so many ways to help others. So for those of you who want to help your country and its inhabitants, here are some ideas:
- Give a sincere compliment to someone who really needs it
- Help someone in their job search
- Write a check to a charity
- Adopt an animal
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Donate blood
- Volunteer somewhere – or check on volunteer opportunities
- Buy a product or service – help our economy
- Support someone’s dream
- Ask for forgiveness
- Remind your loved ones that you love them
God Bless America!