I wrote this on September 11, 2002. I’ll be doing the same thing today. How about you?
I have been wondering what I should be doing today. I don’t feel much like working. Then I read an idea from a Ft. Lauderdale man, who suggested that today be a day of service.
Most of us are familiar with volunteering, but there are so many ways to help others. So for those of you who want to help your country and its inhabitants, here are some ideas:
1. Give a sincere compliment to someone who really needs it
2. Help someone in their job search
3. Write a check to a charity
4. Adopt an animal
5. Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while
6. Donate blood
7. Volunteer somewhere – or check on volunteer opportunities
8. Buy a product or service – help our economy
9. Support someone’s dream
10. Ask for forgiveness
11. Remind your loved ones that you love them
God Bless America!
Margie Zable Fisher